Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Lazy Sunday in France, to work, or not to work?

French Village Diaries #LazySundayinFrance
Farewell my friend
Life is all about balance, do I make the sensible choice or follow my heart, until sometimes, the decision is made for you. 

We awoke today with that warm fuzzy feeling that comes from seeing sunshine once more after a week of high winds and rain, but it left me with a dilemma. Should I crack on with the washing, in order to watch it billowing gently on the line as it dries, enjoying the fresh smell only line-dried laundry gives? Or, do we head out on the bikes?


French Village Diaries #LazySundayinFrance
Penultimate resting place

Sadly, this time decision was made for me. My trusty friend, who has been my laundry buddy for fourteen and a half years, finally hung up her spin today. It is true that she has been in the final stages of heart failure for many a month, but we still achieved a good wash, even if it did involve quite a bit of input from me as I manually moved the programme through the cycle. However, today, there was no drum movement, all was still. It would have been a peaceful and dignified end, if the process of getting her down the stairs hadn’t been so brutal.

This week I foresee shopping trips and washing machine pros and cons spreadsheets, followed by much puffing and swearing as we attempt to manhandle a new laundry buddy up the stairs, and then no doubt lots of head scratching as I attempt to work out the new instructions.

For today, you’ll find me out on Katie the Tiny Tourer!
 
French Village Diaries #LazySundayinFrance
#KTTinyTourer #BromptoninFrance


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.