Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Christmas Gift Ideas - Art, Books and Bargains


With Christmas less than a month away I thought I would share a few good ideas for Christmas gifts for the France-lover in your life. Just think of me as your little Christmas angel, so grab yourself a mince pie and a mulled wine (homemade of course) and lets get shopping!

french village diaries Paris Letters Janice Macleod christmas gifts francelovers
Paris Letters by Janice Macleod
Paris Letters. I discovered Janice and her beautiful art when I was sent a copy of her book Paris Letters to read and review. Although you can’t buy the book before Christmas, as it isn’t available until February, I thought it would be nice to introduce you to her art. Janice lives in Paris and shares her love of the city with beautifully painted letters that she posts to subscribers all over the world. In her words she describes her Paris Letters:
“Each month I create a letter about Paris. I paint it, copy it and personalize it with your name. Then I mail it off in the post with a pretty stamp. People love getting fun mail. It’s good old fashioned mail with a French flair.”
What could be nicer than a beautiful Christmas gift that keeps giving throughout 2014? Subscriptions are priced from less than 10€ and available for one, six and twelve months. Please click here for more information or here for subscriptions. You can also pre-order her Paris Letters book from Amazon NOW! I will be reviewing the book and interviewing Janice in January, but I can say it will be a 5 star review from me.

Books. I read a lot and I’ve always said that the cheapest and less stressful way to experience life in France is to read about someone else’s experiences. To see a complete list of all the books with a French theme that I have read and reviewed click here. Links to Amazon can be found in each of the review posts and with over 80 books there should be something for everyone. Here are just a selection of my favourites:
Tout Sweet: Hanging Up my High Heels for a New Life in France 
L'Auberge 
Unravelled 
HOUSE IN THE SUNFLOWERS 
French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure 
The Devil's Cave: A Bruno Courrèges Investigation: A Bruno Courreges Investigation 
Delicious Dishes for Diabetics
The President's Hat

Amazon Black Friday Deals. Everyday until 1st December Amazon have some very good deals on hundreds of their products including the Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers [Previous Generation] that is now only £99 – perfect for reading all those books about life in France. For more Black Friday deals please see the link below. As an Amazon.co.uk affiliate, for every purchase that is made via following one of my links, Amazon give me 5% commission at no extra cost to you. While this will never make me a millionaire it does help to finance my book addiction and is the only revenue I make from my blog, so if you have bought any of my Amazon recommendations, THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.