Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Book review of No Name No Number by Hilary H Carter

french village diaries book worm wednesday review No Name No Number by Hilary H Carter 11:11 phenomenon
A summer read with a difference 

This week’s book worm Wednesday review, No Name No Number by Hilary H Carter is probably the most difficult one I have yet to write, as this book is nothing like any I have previously read. It won’t be for everyone and as soon as I start mentioning the 11:11 phenomenon, chakra’s, meditation, yoga, Ley Lines, planetary grids, energy frequencies and the like you will probably know whether it is for you or not. But don’t go away, I would encourage you to at least read my review, as there is always something new to learn in life.

I like to think I have an open mind and when something different comes my way from promoting the French themed book reviews on this site it is always exciting. I am so thankful Hilary found me as I am sure I would never have gone looking for a book like this, even with it’s French connection. As well as finding this book interesting it was also inspirational, despite the fact I won’t pretend to have understood or followed all of it. Even though I got lost at times I was always fascinated enough by her journey to keep going. As a planner and list maker extraordinaire, who never quite seems to get everything just so, I have been inspired to think about letting go, saying yes to the universe and allowing things take their natural course. Who knows what is achievable when we let things happen naturally and open ourselves up to new experiences?

Hilary sees the appearance of the numbers 11 or 11:11 as signs to guide her and help her make decisions. The appearance of these numbers led her to the historic town of Montignac-sur-Vézère in the Dordogne region of France where she felt it was right for her to buy a derelict convent with a bit of a mystery surrounding it. This area of France was home to many wars and scenes of bloody death and destruction over the years as well as being within sight of the prehistoric caves of Lascaux. But more notably for Hilary it was also an area of France she had vowed she would never return to following an assault many years previously. Her journey in the four years leading to 11/11/11, which often saw her travelling alone, took her to ancient and significant sites in Turkey, Mexico, Canada, USA and India where she learned and experienced many extraordinary things that all kept leading her back to her mysterious convent in France. I was hooked!

I learnt a lot of new things from reading this book as well as gaining a better understanding of some of the things we touch on in our yoga classes, but the most important message that came across to me was being brave enough to believe in yourself and your abilities, and to have the faith to see where they will lead you. A lesson we could all do with remembering, thank you Hilary.

This book is published by Axis Mundi Books and is available in paperback and ebook format from Amazon and other outlets. Other titles by Hilary are also available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.