Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

french village diaries new year challenges exercise health cat
Poppy the fat cat

If Christmas and New Year were as indulgent for you as they were for us, Poppy and I know exactly how you are feeling. We would both like to loose a kilo or two and are determined to do more exercise this year. Yoga is a favourite for us both and a daily stretch or two is as good for the mind as the body, just like a good dog walk, although Poppy doesn't agree with me on this! My main sporting challenge this year is to get out more on the bike and get fit enough to take on a few more hills and maybe even a mountain or two. We (Ade and I, not Poppy and I) are already planning some great cycle routes, both close to home and in some more exciting terrain.

Poppy's diet started today and she wishes you well if you are also cutting back. For me, I will attempt an alcohol free January and now we are back home from our UK trip my diet will be rich in garden veggie soups. We've only been back a day, but I've made a lovely batch of pumpkin soup, so far, so good and so tasty too.

Thank you all for reading and commenting on our life here in France and we wish you a happy, healthy and peaceful 2014. If you have also set yourself some challenges/goals/resolutions, then good luck, keep positive - you know you can do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.