Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

The most amazing shoes in France


One of the things I love about blogging is that it encourages to me to look out for the small details; the little things in life that many people don't notice, but for me scream ‘blog post’. This post is one that has been inspired by one of these brief observations.

The other evening I was in a meeting; a two-hour meeting, with many speakers and all in French. Some of what was being said was interesting, some of it I didn't quite grasp and some of it wasn't relevant, but overall I remained focussed and learned a lot. However, towards the end a French lady stood up to talk and I was immediately drawn to her feet and the most amazing rainbow shoes, perfectly set off with plum coloured tights, that I had ever seen. These were so eye-catching I was totally mesmerised by them and therefore have no idea what she was talking about.


French Village Diaries style fashion shoes women life France
The most amazing shoes in France

My reaction surprised me. I'm not a girl who likes to shop, I wouldn't recognise a Jimmy Choo or a Louboutin if I tripped over one and the most frequently worn shoes in my cupboard are my dog walking shoes. I was dressed, as usual, in a pair of Ed’s cast-off jeans and a black hooded sweatshirt, set off with a scarf and a pair of tan boots so old I can’t remember where I bought them, but I’m pretty sure they were from a budget supermarket. I had meant to smear on some lipstick before leaving home, but I forgot, although I did manage to run a brush through my hair. So it was something as a shock for me to have such a ‘thing’ for a pair of shoes. Of course even if they had been for sale I wouldn't have bought them as despite feeling ‘bien dans ma peau’ (good in my skin), I think only a French woman complete with her mystical je ne sais quoi would be able to get away with wearing them. On a more practical note as they are not cozy house slippers, sensible dog walking shoes or chicken shed boots, they wouldn't be very useful for me anyway. But I did find myself thinking what couldn’t you achieve if you had the balls to wear these shoes? Answer, nothing, as I’m sure with these shoes, everything would be possible.

UPDATE: thanks to the power of social media I've found out you can buy these beauties on Amazon, but at £134.99 I might just look at the pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.