Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

My patisserie challenge, tartelette aux fraise

My patissiere challenge, tartelette aux fraises

Welcome to my patisserie challenge. This year I have decided to buy something different from our village boulangerie every Sunday and to enjoy the simple pleasure of treating myself.

My choice today, the tartelette aux fraises, just screamed the arrival of summer and if I'm honest looked almost too good to eat, almost. The crisp pastry shell is home to a pool of crème pâtissière which is then topped with a tower of fresh strawberries that are glazed and finished with an artistic swirl of cream. 

Difficult to eat daintily, but oh so worth the mess, I loved the combination of fresh strawberries with cream and crème pâtissière. The sweetness was just right and my only complaint was that it didn't last long enough, but there is always next week. This made me smile when I saw it at the boulangerie this morning and I was still smiling when I finished eating it.

Something else that made me smile this weekend was the HOPE book sale. With thousands of books to rummage through, I can always find something on a French theme that I've not yet read and here were my lucky finds today.

HOPE book sale 


Here are my previous patisserie challenge posts, in case you missed them:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.