Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

My patisserie challenge, capitole abricot

French Village Diaries patisserie challenge capitole abricot
My patisserie challenge, capitole abricot

Welcome to my patisserie challenge. This year I have decided to buy something different from our village boulangerie every Sunday and to enjoy the simple pleasure of treating myself.

My choice today is the capitole abricot a light and airy layered sponge, sandwiched with fruit filled cream and topped with meringue. It is soft, moist, fruity and melts in the mouth giving a very satisfying eating experience. It's hard to believe something so light actually contains any calories at all! If I’m honest, I’m feeling a bit of a glutton today as Ed and I thought homemade pizza would be a great end of school holiday treat this evening and I've also made another batch of tiny double chocolate tartlets from Jill Colonna's Teatime in Paris (I fear these are becoming a habit). At least they are only very small and should last us a few days.

French Village Diaries homemade pizza tiny chocolate tartlets
Home baking

Thankfully we have also been quite good at getting out on our bikes this week and have covered over a hundred kilometres, including a morning coffee run this morning as the weather was perfect. 



French Village Diaries cycling Deux Sevres Poitou Charentes
Cycling Deux Sevres


Don’t forget to join me next week to see my next choice from Bernadette at the boulangerie

Here are my previous patisserie challenge posts, in case you missed them:

Royale chocolat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.