Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Book review of Chez Mwah by Judith Dowden

French Village Diaries book review Chez Mwah Judith Dowden
Chez Mwah by Judith Dowden


My review today is for Chez Mwah: How to Languish in the Languedoc, by Judith Dowden.

This book arrived at the top of my ‘to be read’ pile on a damp and dull Monday morning, and we have had too many of those so far this year, but I couldn’t have asked for a better antidote.

In this collection of short, amusing snippets of life in the Languedoc, Judith opens the shutters to her holiday home nestled in the Minervois vineyards and lets us join in the fun. Her take on aperos, French markets, visitors, the romance of the dream life in France (and more), is both witty and gritty, and caused many a snigger to escape from my mouth as I was reading it.

I would love to be able to write with such humour, especially as I think Judith has achieved the perfect balance; it is obvious from reading it that she loves France and her little piece of it, but she isn’t afraid to share the realities and truths of life in a foreign country too.

Chez Mwah is great read whatever the weather but won’t fail to brighten your day and add a little Languedoc sunshine, if the weather outside is dreary.

Chez Mwah is available in ebook and paperback format and links to Amazon can be found below.

I’m also delighted that Judith will be joining me back here on Sunday, when she will be sharing her idea of a perfect Sunday with us as part of my #LazySundayinFrance feature.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.