Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Book review of 365 Days of Gratitude Journal by Marielle S. Smith

 
French Village Diaries book review 365 Days of Gratitude Journal Mariëlle S. Smith
365 Days of Gratitude Journal Mariëlle S. Smith

365 Days of Gratitude Journal

 

‘Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk.’ Rumi

 

Being grateful is easy…

…when everything goes according to plan.

But how do you keep at it no matter what life throws at you?

Enter 365 Days of Gratitude, the undated daily journal that will help you stay on track.

 

After years of barely surviving her own emotional minefield, writing coach Mariëlle S. Smith discovered the transformative power of practising gratitude. But, like no one else, she knows that cultivating an attitude of gratitude is easier said than done.

 

Complete with inspiring quotes, daily prompts, and recurring check-ins, the 365 Days of Gratitude Journal encourages you to create a sustainable gratitude practice too.

 

Ready to commit to the life-changing power of gratitude? Order your copy of the 365 Days of Gratitude Journal now.

 

French Village Diaries book review 365 Days of Gratitude Journal Mariëlle S. Smith
Publication Day Push for 365 Days of Gratitude Journal

My review

Having enjoyed, and got a lot out of, Mariëlle’s 52 Weeks of Writing Author Journal and Planner, I was looking forward to learning more about journaling and interested to see how gratitude journaling would work for me. This year has been a difficult one for so many, looking for the positives and things to be thankful for at the end of the day, can only be a good thing.

 

In Mariëlle’s own words “I’m hooked on gratitude because it enables me to perceive everything in life as magical again”.

 

In the diary we learn to focus on three good things that happened during the day, rate the day, giving it a score, pick out something we want to remember about it, and think on something we could have been more grateful about, before moving on to tackling tomorrow. Every week, month and quarter Mariëlle adds in some extra prompts to help us look back at the bigger picture, think things through a bit deeper and look at what we have learned from what we have written. 

 

Ending my day with a moment of mindful mediation about how the day has been, brought a calmness to my mind and helped me to relax. Writing things down gives them a permanence and they become a reference point to look back on in order to help us to move forward in a more positive way. This can have many benefits on our health, state of mind and performance.

 

I had high hopes for this book, and I wasn’t disappointed, but it did take commitment and effort from me and as with everything in life some days were more difficult than others. I liked the layout, which is clear and encouraging, I enjoyed reading the inspirational quotes at the end of every week and although I am a long way from perfecting the art, the dabbling I have done has whetted my appetite to keep going.

 

I’m certainly grateful I had the opportunity to review this book and keen to keep up the good work I’ve started.

 

Purchase Links 

Get 50% off the printable PDF until 6 September 2020 with the following discount code: HAPPYLAUNCH. Go to Mariëlle’s website here or here to claim your copy. 


Amazon US 

 

French Village Diaries book review 365 Days of Gratitude Journal Mariëlle S. Smith
Mariëlle S. Smith

Author Bio

Mariëlle S. Smith is a coach for writers and other creatives, an editor, and a (ghost) writer. Early 2019, she moved to Cyprus, and island in the Mediterranean Sea, where she organises private writer’s retreats, is inspired 24/7, and feeds more stray cats than she can count. 

 

Social Media Links

Facebook 

Instagram 

YouTube 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.