Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Book review of My Lucky Night by Olivia Spring

French Village Diaries book review My Lucky Night Olivia Spring
My Lucky Night by Olivia Spring


My Lucky Night: Romance Can Happen When You Least Expect It…

She hates Christmas. He’s about to change her mind…

 

Cassie isn’t a fan of Christmas. After a string of unlucky incidents during the festive season—including getting dumped—this year she decides to spend the day at home. Alone. No men. No complications. 

 

But then her nightmare boss demands she track down this year’s most coveted Christmas gift—and the only person who can help is an annoyingly sexy Frenchman she’s just met.

 

Nicolas might look hot, but Cassie can tell he’s also arrogant, irritating and in love with himself. Exactly the kind of guy she hates. Plus, he’ll only help her find the gift if she helps him with something in return... 

Could Cassie’s festive fortunes finally be about to change? Can she learn to love Christmas again? And will Cassie get lucky in more ways than one?

 

Set against a gorgeous London backdrop with sparkling lights, Christmas markets and mistletoe, My Lucky Night is a fun, sexy enemies-to-lovers romcom novella that will give you all the feels! Ideal for fans of Sophie Kinsella and Mhairi McFarlane.

 

Read as a standalone novella or as book two in the My Ten-Year Crush series.

 

French Village Diaries book review My Lucky Night Olivia Spring
My Lucky Night by Olivia Spring


My review

This book is a quick and easy read that took me to London for some festive fun, bringing back some lovely memories of enjoying the London lights at Christmas, something we’ve not been able to do for the last few years. Add a gorgeously handsome Frenchman to the mix of ice rinks, mulled wine, markets and grottos, and I was one very happy reader.

 

Cassie knows London and more importantly, she knows where to find all the magic and sparkle of Christmas, even if it’s not her favourite time of year. Despite her initial annoyance at bumping into Nicolas, she is determined (in the spirit of Christmas) to help him tick off his festive wish list on his short visit from Paris. Her story melted my heart and I really hoped she’d be able to find some Christmas cheer once more.


This book is a great reminder that we are never too old to believe in Father Christmas.

 

Nicolas has escaped his hectic life and after an unexpected meeting with Cassie, hopes they can help each other out – one impossible last minute Christmas gift in exchange for a personal tour of London. Let me just say, despite the chill in the air, temperatures rose, and things certainly got quite personal. 

 

This book was just what I needed to lift my mood during a particularly difficult week. I laughed a lot; I fell in love with both the characters, and it left me with a huge smile on my face. I haven’t read the first book in the series, but I can’t wait to read the next one.

 

As life gets hectic in the run up to Christmas, treat yourself to this romantic mini break in London, it will do you the world of good.

 

Purchase Links  



Amazon UK 

Amazon US 

 

Author Bio

Olivia Spring is a British, London-based writer of contemporary women's fiction, sexy chick lit and romantic comedy. Her uplifting debut novel The Middle-Aged Virgin, which was released in 2018, deals with being newly single in your thirties and beyond, dating, relationships, love, sex and living life to the full.


In addition to The Middle-Aged Virgin, Olivia has published The Middle-Aged Virgin in Italy, Love Offline, Losing My Inhibitions, Only When It's Love and the sequel When’s The Wedding?


Olivia’s seventh novel, My Ten-Year Crush, was published in September 2021 and book two in the series, My Lucky Night followed in November 2021.

When she's not writing, Olivia can be found enjoying cupcakes and cocktails and of course, seeking inspiration for her next book!

 

Social Media Links  

Twitter 

Facebook 

Instagram 

Website

Bookbub


#MyLuckyNight



French Village Diaries book review My Lucky Night Olivia Spring
My Lucky Night by Olivia Spring


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.