Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Kissed in Paris by Juliette Sobanet book review


Author Juliette Sobanet loves France, especially Paris and Lyon and enjoys setting her novels here. Her first book, Sleeping with Paris, was my first Kindle read and I loved it. It contained a lost soul searching for a new life in Paris, a hunky Frenchman, lots of chocolate and also one of my favourite lines in a book:

"I thought my heart was going melt into a puddle right there on the cobblestones"

What girl doesn't love chocolate? Well, you won't believe the role chocolate plays in this book, but if you think romance, Paris, and a sexy Frenchman, you will be along the right lines, and I'll be honest, I'm not looking for much else in a girlie book! I really enjoyed this book, the characters were great fun, and Juliette's love of her time spent in Paris and Lyon, really came across. I found myself looking for any excuse to open it and carry on reading; even if it was only for a five-minute drive into town.

As I have just finished reading her second book, Kissed in Paris, a review of it seemed a good idea to bring in some love to Paris week. Paris after all is THE city of romance and who doesn’t want to be kissed in Paris? However, what could be worse than being sent there, alone, on business, and the week before your wedding? How about the fact you wake up in Paris to find your clothes, passport and purse have been stolen? I have to admit to liking my girlie chick-lit reads to give me a warm, squishy feeling inside and the start of this one was quite the opposite. However, like all good things, I just had to wait. Chloe, a self-confessed control freak, finds herself way out of her comfort zone, in big trouble and alone in France. Left with nothing but a skimpy red dress, after a night with a notorious conman, she finds herself chasing through France with a Frenchman claiming to be a secret agent and promising to help her. Things don’t run smoothly and every time they seem to be close to retrieving her passport, something else goes wrong. The plot is a little far fetched, but no more so than other chick-lit or chick-flics, in fact the more I read the more the similarity to the film French Kiss (I love that film) struck me. There is the slightly shady Frenchman, the slightly naïve American girl, the drip of American husband-to-be and the chase across France. Kissed in Paris is a good read, the pace moves well and there are some nice hidden surprises (and warm, squishy feelings) towards the end.

Juliette is currently working on her third book, Dancing with Paris (A Paris Time Travel Romance) , which I am looking forward to reading.

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely going to read this one, Jacqui. Sounds like my sort of thing - and being set in Paris is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.