Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

France Today Magazine

french village diaries France Today Magazine reviewThe team behind France Today are so pleased with their new re-launched magazine that they sent me a copy to read in the hope I would give it a shout out. Which is exactly what I’m going to do as I’ve had a great time this weekend dipping in and out, as you do with a magazine. With books, blogs and websites there is always somewhere to turn to get a France fix, but I have had my magazine love reignited with this magazine such was the mix and quality of the articles.

Firstly this magazine feels lovely with thick paper and a mat finish, plus it smells fab – we are a household who love the smell of a good bit of print, please tell me we are not alone? On picking up a magazine I always turn to the back page first – no idea why, but I’ve always done it. I loved Kristin Espinasse’s ‘Le Dernier Mot’ (last word) piece all about the gently curved terracotta roof tiles, famous not only in Provence, but also in our region of Poitou-Charentes too. I now know how they were originally shaped and I might just have to steal her idea of using one as an apero dish this summer (if the weather ever improves).

This issue also saw me virtually shopping in Paris, supping the famous bubbles from Champagne, touring in Montpellier and oyster eating in Arcachon. Not only was there a lot to interest a Francophile like me, I learnt new things and have added some more must sees to my ever growing France holiday list. Top of that list is the Espelette villages in the Basque region, thanks to the mouthwateringly delicious article (and recipe) by Susan Herrmann Loomis. Although it would have to be at the end of summer when the houses are bedecked with their famous red Piment d’Espelette peppers drying in the sun. This really is a small selection of what this magazine has to offer, so if you fancy a French  fix do treat yourself, I’m sure you will love it. For more information see their website here and for subscription information see here.


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! And yes, I'm a magazine sniffer too... You don't get that with digital!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would be the only one! At least it is safer than glue sniffing!

      Delete
  2. Already received my first copy of the re-launched magazine. So happy to see it back in print-I missed it!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.