Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hot deals for summer Kindle reading

French village diaries kindle summer sale bookworm reading france
The French Village Bookworm

With the UK Kindle summer sale in full swing there are hundreds of great reductions and it seems books set in France are very well represented. I have done a bit of sharing on Facebook, but thought a post where they are all listed would also be a good idea. Many of these books are only 99p and most offers will be available until 1st September 2014, but please do check the prices before downloading.

To make the most of these offers why not treat yourself to a Kindle Paperweight. By using the code KINDLE4SUN at the checkout you will receive a £20 discount if you buy before Tuesday 22nd July. I hope you have a great summer reading about France, there is certainly enough here to keep even the most greedy bookworm very happy - even I've not read them all, yet!



In no particular order, here are the TWENTY-ONE books I've found on offer:

The President's Hat by Antoine Laurain, the story of a hat that belongs to President Mitterrand that finds itself in different hands and where we share snippets of the life of those new owners and the strange effect owning the hat has on their lives. I really enjoyed this book.



The People in the Photo by Helene Gestern, a relationship that unfolds between strangers who meet when one of them attempts to identify the people in an old family photograph. There journey leads them along a path with lots of family secrets that need to be unravelled if they want discover the truth. I really enjoyed this book.



Hot Sun, Cool Shadow by Angela Murrills, a book about the food of the Languedoc region in France. I've downloaded this and am looking forward to reading it soon.



Dark Summer in Bordeaux by Allan Massie, part of the Bordeaux Trilogy that I've downloaded and will be reading soon.



Cold Winter in Bordeaux by Allan Massie, part of the Bordeaux Trilogy that I've downloaded and will be reading soon.



Grape Expectation by Caro Feely, a book I very much enjoyed reading about a family move to a French vineyard and the hard work involved in setting up an organic wine making business.



Serge Bastarde Ate My Baguette by John Dummer, a funny look at life working the brocantes of south west France. John is helped and led astray by loveable rogue Serge. A very funny read.



Son of Serge Bastarde by John Dummer, more from John's life in France, more fun and being led astray by Serge, who is back with a son in tow. I really enjoyed this book.



The Dress Thief by Natalie Meg Evans, espionage and romance in the world of Paris haute couture. I've not yet read this book.



Toute Allure by Karen Wheeler, a lovely memoir of falling in love with a new life in rural France. I'm a big fan of all of Karen's books.



Bon Courage! by Richard Wiles, a book following the renovation project of a property in the Limousin region of France. This book is on my book shelf and I will be reading it soon.



Bon Chance! by Richard Wiles, following on from his first memoir this book is about settling into his new life and is also waiting on my book shelf.



Downhill all the Way by Edward Enfield, the journey of a bike ride from the Channel to the Mediterranean. Cycling and France - I'm looking forward to reading this one.



Ten Trees and a Truffle Dog by Jamie Ivey. I really enjoyed this book about a family looking to put down roots in Provence, raise their young children, train their puppy and try to sniff out truffles from the trees on their land.



Midnight Train to Paris by Juliette Sobanet, love, Paris, France and bit of time travel. I have enjoyed all of Juliette's romantic novels set in France.



Paris Requiem by Lisa Appignanesi a book I haven't yet read, but it's an historical novel set in Paris, 1899.



A House in the Sunflowers by Ruth Silvestre, one of my favourite memoirs about life in France. Different from the others as her family bought their holiday home in the 1970's when rural France was a very different place.



Two Lipsticks and a Lover by Helena Frith Powell, another one on my reading list. A witty look at French chic and that very French je ne sais quoi.



The Hairy Hikers by Davie Le Vay, a funny account of two middle aged men walking off their mid-life crisis by crossing the Pyrenees on foot. I really enjoyed this book.



The Girl you Left Behind by Jojo Moyes. I've not yet read this romantic story, where two women, separated by a century, are united in their determination to fight for the thing they love the most. There is a short story prequel to this book Honeymoon in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.