Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Book review of You Had Me at Bonjour by Jennifer Bohnet


French Village Diaries book review You Had Me at Bonjour Jennifer Bohnet ProvenceI've an extra review today for You Had Me At Bonjour by Jennifer Bohnet, a fun, easy to read book that left me feeling happy. It’s a perfect escapism read.

Jessica needs a gap year. Her marriage is over, her daughter is ready to fly the nest and with the help of her best mate she has made plans to spend a year in Provence. A year when all she has to worry about is herself, well that is her plan.

Written as a diary, which works really well, it’s a form of therapy for Jessica to rid herself of the hurt and anger caused by her ex-husband, and the loneliness she feels when she first arrives. I felt all her raw emotions, I fell in love with her new life in Provence and loved the subtle little snippets of life in France that show the author has lived there and experienced more than just French holidays. The other characters we meet, family, friends and neighbours, add some depth, a chance of romance and also some interesting twists to the plot.

I was sad to leave at the end of the year, but I’m hopeful that Jennifer could pick up Jessica’s story again.

You had me is published by Carina and is available in ebook format. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.