Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

My patisserie challenge, tartelette aux pommes

French Village Diaries patisserie challenge tartelette aux pommes boulangerie
My patisserie challenge tartelette aux pommes


Welcome to my patisserie challenge. This year I have decided to buy something different from our village boulangerie every Sunday and to enjoy the simple pleasure of treating myself each week. My choice of sweet treat today is the tartelette aux pommes or apple tart.

From the first bite into the crisp crunch of buttery pastry my mouth was smiling as despite a moist topping of apple compote and sliced apples there are no soggy bottoms on Bernadette’s pastries. The  apple compote is sweet but not too sweet, the sliced apples are soft but not mushy and it’s finished off with a glaze that makes it shine. Compared to some French patisseries this one might be more simple than sexy but it was my kind of tart and I will be buying more of these.

Don’t forget to come back to see what my next treat from the boulangerie will be.

Here are my previous patisserie challenge posts, in case you have missed them, buchette de noel, éclair au chocolatforêt-noire and galette de St Jacqueline.

If you enjoy patisseries as much as I do, check out Paris my Sweet, a memoir of a year spent sampling the best delights Paris has to offer. It is reduced to only £2.99 until the beginning of March. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.