Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Princess's Bottom


I’m sure you remember the fairy story of the Princess and the Pea? Well following our first bike ride of the year (see here) where every one of the 34km we cycled felt like it left a bruise on my bottom, I’ve decided I must have been a princess in a previous life. As our aim is to cycle more this year I decided my bottom deserved a little treat, and I’m now the proud owner of a pair of seriously padded shorts (and it is sculptured padding at that). These have made quite a difference from the £1 Tesco’s ‘slightly padded’ shorts I’ve owned for the last five years. My moment of extravagance didn’t stop there and I have also treated my bottom to a squidgy gel saddle cover too. Aah, bliss! You have no idea what a difference these make to a princess’s bottom!

These should make the km’s a lot more comfortable from now on – I hope, and maybe even improve my pace! We have big cycle plans this year and will be taking the bikes out and about locally and hopefully up to the Loire too. I don’t think we are quite ready to cycle there from home (see here) but we do plan to spend a few days touring some of the chateaux and rivers of the Loire by bike this summer. I’m hoping for sunshine, scenery and nice flat cycle pistes along the riverbank. I promise to take the camera and share our adventures, even if I did decide not to share a photo of my shorts for this post!

2 comments:

  1. The Loire bike trip sounds like a fabulous idea. I found some nicely padded cycling shorts that fit tight underneath, but had cotton, "normal" shorts over the top so my thighs didn't look so shocking. On our 10-day bike trip in Provence, I got a common, female bike riding malady -- UTI. Ick. Hope you don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Hopefully by starting now and getting out two or three times a week I can accustom myself to the saddle! Fingers crossed as I'm really looking forward to the Loire trip.

      Delete

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.