Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Book review of That's Paris by Vicki Lesage and other authors


My review today is for That's Paris: An Anthology of Life, Love and Sarcasm in the City of Light that has been put together by a group of authors including memoir author Vicki Lesage whose work I love, and with a forward by Stephen Clarke.

French Village Diaries book review That's Paris an Anthology of Life, Love and Sarcasm in the City of Light
This is a fun read, easy to dip in and out of and contains a good mix of fiction and non-fiction stories about Paris, written by native Parisians and those who just love Paris. Some are real life experiences by those who have made Paris their home, some are travel memoir snippets of time spent in Paris and some are short stories with emotion, romance and Paris as the perfect backdrop. I especially enjoyed the short stories that were written in French as although my French is now quite good I rarely choose to read in French so it was a good test for me. Don’t worry though if your French isn’t up to reading as the translations are provided too, which is a nice touch.

Some of the stories are from names that are familiar to me but the great thing about an anthology is that it gives an insight into authors whose work I haven’t come across before and I now have a list of names to look out for. Not all the stories were quite as much my thing as others but there were some very special ones that will stay with me.

Proceeds of this book will benefit the charity Room to Read, which promotes literacy and gender equality in education. That's Paris: An Anthology of Life, Love and Sarcasm in the City of Light is available in ebook and paperback format and links to Amazon can be found below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.