Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Book review of Fat Dogs and French Estates part 2 by Beth Haslam


French Village Diaries book review Fat Dogs and French Estates part 2 Beth HaslamMy review today is for Fat Dogs and French Estates - Part 2 by Beth Haslam, the continuation of Jack and Beth’s search for paradise in France. This book carries on from where part one left off, you can read my review of the first book here. Beth, her husband Jack and their two tubby dogs Sam and Biff are in France searching for their dream domaine, an estate with land, wildlife and a habitable but modest property, certainly not one with lots of bedrooms or a swimming pool. But finding these things are not as easy as they first thought.

As in book one this is a very humorous look at the house hunting process and their frustrations when estate agent after estate agent just don’t seem to be listening to their requirements. There were some fabulous descriptions of some very odd properties and even stranger owners and some of Jack’s embarrassing yet hilarious antics, especially towards the end of the book, almost had me shouting at my kindle. Poor Beth, my heart was pounding in my chest as I read it so I’ve no idea how she must have been feeling!

Book one was very good but book two is even better as I felt more familiar with Beth and Jack and really enjoyed her writing style. If you enjoy humorous memoirs about crazy Brits abroad I’m sure you will love this book. I can’t wait to read about more adventures from Beth, Jack and the dogs.

Both of Beth’s memoirs are available from Amazon in paperback and ebook format. You can also keep up to date with her life via her blog and follow her on Twitter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.