Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

My patisserie challenge, flan

French village Diaries patisserie challenge flan boulangerie food France
My patisserie challenge, flan


Welcome to my patisserie challenge. This year I have decided to buy something different from our village boulangerie every Sunday and to enjoy the simple pleasure of treating myself. This week Adrian will be celebrating his forty-something birthday so I decided my treat to him would be to buy his favourite, the humble flan.

This is a simple pastry base filled with a baked custard topping. There are no fireworks of flavour or juicy bursts of fruit, but it does have a lovely comforting creaminess and a soft, gentle texture, plus it’s not too sweet. It is one of those choices that you know you can’t go wrong with and as it isn’t messy to eat Adrian will always pick it for a picnic. It’s not my favourite, but it is good value and reminds me of village social events where it's often served for the desert.

Don’t forget to join me next week to see my next choice from Bernadette at the boulangerie.

Here are my previous patisserie challenge posts, in case you missed them:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.