Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

My patisserie challenge, Royale chocolat

French Village Diaries patisserie challenge boulangerie royale chocolat
My patisserie challenge royale chocolat

Welcome to my patisserie challenge. This year I have decided to buy something different from our village boulangerie every Sunday and to enjoy the simple pleasure of treating myself each week. Today is the day that saw thousands of people take part in a real challenge, the 35th London Marathon. Despite my love of cycling I’m no runner and I’m not sure my body would complete a 4km run let alone 40km, but I take my hat off to all those who took part today. They certainly inspired me. This year, instead of just watching the TV coverage (I do love a small slice of London every so often) I completed my own ironing marathon, after all I had to do something physical to justify eating cake while so many were running so far, for so many good causes. Please click here to read about one runner’s story.


French Village Diaries ironing marathon
My ironing marathon
My choice today is the royale chocolat a serious contender for the ultimate in comfort food combined with delicate patisserie. A crisp top layer that cracked under my fork, two soft moist chocolate sponge layers with a rich and creamy mousse sandwiched in the middle that was a delicious experience and the perfect reward for scaling the ironing mountain.

Don’t forget to join me next week to see my next choice from Bernadette at the boulangerie

Here are my previous patisserie challenge posts, in case you missed them:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.