Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Book review of A Forget-Me-Not Summer by Sophie Claire

Welcome to Day Two of my #FrenchVillageBookworm Advent Calendar, where everyday between now and Christmas I will be sharing a different book with you.


#FrenchVillageBookworm book review A Forget-Me-Not Summer Sophie Claire
A Forget-me-not Summer by Sophie Claire


Today it is a review for A Forget-Me-Not Summer by Sophie Claire. They say you should never judge a book by it’s cover, but it was the cover that attracted me and once I read the synopsis, I knew I had to read it and I hoped I would love it. I wasn’t wrong. The only thing I didn’t like about this book was that it ended; I would have happily stayed within the pages forever.

Family feuds, loss, and the pain from their recent past created emotionally complex characters in Natasha and Luc who don’t know how to handle their feelings and can’t trust themselves, let alone each other. They both have their strengths, their vulnerabilities and are slightly screwed up, which is a perfect mix for a will-they-won’t-they novel. 

Natasha is a colourful, arty woman with a real eye for detail who has made a successful career following the break up of her marriage. She is enjoying her independence, has goals for her future and the last thing she needs is ex-husband Luc stepping through the door of her florist shop and refusing to leave until she agrees to accompany him to France to visit his sick father. Luc may be a millionaire, but there are only a few passing mentions of his penthouse, and his private jet only sweeps her away once, so I can forgive that. He is sexy, stubborn, hard working, but deep down a real family man. When they were married they didn’t really know each other, but two weeks spent together in France, putting on a happy front for Luc’s family and they begin to discover so much, but isn’t it all too late? Love affects us all in strange ways and creates a real mixed bag of emotions; Sophie’s writing explores them all in this novel that is packed with passion, frustration, pain and hope.

Set amid a backdrop of vineyards, sunflowers and a chateau in Provence, with a sexy Frenchman named Luc. What more could I ask for? 

This is a first novel by Sophie, but I am keeping my fingers crossed  that there are more on the way.

You can follow Sophie on Twitter Facebook and at her website.

A Forget-me-not Summer is published by Hodder and Stoughton and is available in ebook and paperback formats. Links to Amazon can be found below.

This book was previously published as Her Forget-me-not Ex



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.