Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year

French Village Diaries New Year lunch in garden 31st December 2015
Last lunch of 2015, in the sun

The sun has set on the final day of 2015, a day warm enough to eat lunch in the garden, but with a few spots of rain on our dog walk, enough to create a rainbow whose end appeared to rise from the village itself. A stunning sight and one I would have loved to share, but alas, my camera was home alone. My New Year Resolution needs to be, never leave home without a camera.

2015 has been a good year, with the exception of losing our beloved cat Poppy to old age. Ed passed his brevet and has settled in well to his new school, something I was worried about as it was a big change for him. Ade has had a good year for work, although the downside to having work means time spent away from us, but there is always lots going on in the village to keep me occupied. I have survived another year as a local councillor and have enjoyed the experiences this has given me. I’ve managed to eat a lot of new patisseries from our boulangerie and read (and shared) a huge stack of books set in France. I’ve also blogged about life in France, our road trip to the South of France, village events, bike rides and interviews with authors.

As a little year-end summery, here are the five most popular blog posts from 2015, in case you missed them.


If you follow me on Facebook you will know I share ebooks with a French theme that are free or with great price reductions, almost every day. Here are the five most popular shared ebooks from 2015, based on my Amazon UK referral statistics (that show over 3000 ebooks have been downloaded from my referrals this year). I have to admit to not reading all of them yet, but I will, I promise.

Mapping the Heart by Carol Drinkwater, a novel set in France and Brazil where there is passion and love. For Carol Drinkwater fans, next February will see the publication of her new novel set in France called The Forgotten Summer. I can't wait.

A Spell in Provence by Marie Laval, a gripping novel set in Provence with dark magic and mystery. See my review here.

A Tent in France by Simon Swinn, a memoir about a new life in France, running a campsite in the Auvergne.

Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard, a delicious look at a new life in Paris, with love and food and recipes too. See my review here.

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, a novel about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in Occupied France. I'm moving this to the top of my to be read pile.

2016 is a new year to be filled with new books and new experiences. Happy New Year to you and may 2016 be a healthy and a happy one for us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.