Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

N is for Nutella

French Village Diaries food advent calendar Nutella
French Food Alphabet Advent Calendar

Welcome to today’s post in my French Food Alphabet Advent Calendar series - a foodie’s countdown to Christmas Day sharing posts including French regional specialities, my personal favourite foods, and some new recipes. I hope you are enjoying your virtual tastings.

It’s the 14th December and N is for Nutella.

Nutella is a delicious chocolate and hazelnut spread that is as common in most French kitchens as wine and is probably found in every French household with children. However, it is NOT something you will find in my kitchen anymore as I am a Nutellaholic, currently in remission. Even the time I spent at the supermarket taking the above picture was very difficult and I had to force myself to leave without putting a jar in the trolley. If I had, I know I wouldn’t have been able to resist and one taste wouldn’t have been enough, as you can see from this photo from 2006!

French Village Diaries food advent calendar Nutellaholic
Nutellaholic caught in the act
I know there are many delicious recipes using Nutella, my French friends have told me, but you will have to look them up for yourselves. It would be far too much temptation for me, even to go looking.

Don’t forget to pop back tomorrow for the letter O, one of my favourite foods ever. If you have missed my previous advent posts you can catch up by clicking on the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L and M


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.