Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

B is for Buche de Noel

French Village Diaries food alphabet advent calendar buche de noel yule log
French food alphabet advent calendar

Welcome to my French Food Alphabet Advent Calendar. Between now and Christmas Day I will be working my way through a selection of delicious food posts; some will be regional specialities, some are my personal favourite foods, some posts will include recipes, but all will be linked to French food and drink. I hope you enjoy your virtual tastings.

It’s the 2nd December and B is for Bûche de Noel

The bûche de noel or yule log is a traditional French Christmas dessert. It is a genoise sponge that is filled, rolled and iced with chocolate buttercream and decorated to look like a log. I gave this a go a few years ago and if you fancy a chuckle you can read all about it here, let’s just say it wasn’t as easy as I thought but at least anything covered in chocolate always tastes good.

If you missed my previous post you can catch up with A here. Don’t forget to pop back tomorrow for the letter C, it’s going to be one of my favourite treats.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.