Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

F is for Fromage

French Village Diaries food alphabet advent calendar fromage cheese
French food alphabet advent calendar

Welcome to my French Food Alphabet Advent Calendar. Between now and Christmas Day I will be working my way through a selection of delicious food posts; some will be regional specialities, some are my personal favourite foods, some posts will include recipes, but all will be linked to French food and drink. I hope you enjoy your virtual tastings.

It’s the 6th December and F is for Fromage.

Well what can I say about cheese except that I think I have yet to come across a cheese I don’t like, be it French or not. Offer me a mature Cantal, a creamy goat cheese, a ripe Camembert or a blue Roquefort and I won’t say no. Moving to France just gave me more access to more cheeses, although mature Cheddar will also always be on my list of favourites and as it can now be found in most of our local supermarkets, I think that just goes to prove its place in the world of cheese. What is your favourite cheese?

If you have missed my previous advent posts you can catch up by clicking on the letters A, B, C, D and E. Don’t forget to pop back tomorrow for the letter G, a traditional festive treat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.