Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I is for Infusions

french village diaries food france advent calendar infusions Christmas
French food alphabet advent calendar

Welcome to my French Food Alphabet Advent Calendar. Between now and Christmas Day I will be working my way through a selection of delicious food posts; some will be regional specialities, some are my personal favourite foods, some posts will include recipes, but all will be linked to French food and drink. I hope you enjoy your virtual tastings.

It’s the 9th December and I is for Infusions.

Infusions are alternative drinks to tea and coffee that come in many fruit and herb flavoured combinations and I’m a big fan. My Mum has always favoured herb teas (as we used to call them) over traditional tea and Ade and I found they were very useful when we wanted to cut down on our caffeine intake. My day always begins with a lemon and ginger ‘tea’ and always finishes with a relaxing camomile drink at bedtime. During the day I sup at mint infusions and I especially like this box set or coffret that promises so much for my well being (bien-être). With preparations to improve my digestion, line and balance, stress levels, energy and even my elimination it is a shame that drinking a combination of these every day probably isn’t enough to give me a figure like the lady on the box. Never mind, at least I enjoy the flavours.

If you have missed my previous advent posts you can catch up by clicking on the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H. Don’t forget to pop back tomorrow for the letter J, a meaty delight.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy, I love to hear from you.